Global Energy Practice
Marsh's Energy Practice is at the forefront of advising energy companies on risk and insurance issues impacting operational success. Our network of over 300 energy specialists is globally coordinated from 10 strategic hubs. We manage over USD1.5 billion in live insurance premiums in the energy markets on behalf of almost 1000 clients.
Primarily organised around two speciality product lines; upstream energy, and downstream energy (including renewables), we offer a deep understanding of industry issues within these segments.
Our wealth of expert knowledge is augmented by market leading risk engineering, project risk management, and claims advisory services. Marsh's Energy Practice operations are led from ten strategic hubs (Houston, New York, San Francisco, Calgary, London, Oslo, Madrid, Dubai, Perth and Singapore). Operating as a single global organisation, our energy experts can offer market leading global risk solutions while being able to remain close to our clients' operations.
These solutions come from our access to, and relationships with, insurance markets globally. By blending market capacity, we can deliver optimum terms and conditions for our clients, which may not have been possible if simply working from local insurance providers.
Our risk management approach
We work with our clients to:
- achieve the best balance between risk and reward
- reduce their cost of risk
- attain competitive terms from global markets
- access the combined knowledge of over 300 energy risk specialists
- ensure that expenditure on risk management is optimally aligned to corporate goals
- eradicate cost inefficiency and release capital for core business investment
Norway Energy Practice
In Norway, Marsh has two centres of excellence focussing on Oil & Gas clients’ risk and insurance issues, being Oslo and Kristiansand. Our mainly Scandinavian client base consists of the following types of companies:
- Oil & Gas companies operating in the North Sea and other major oil & gas regions across the globe
- Oilfield Service Companies such as
- Drilling Rig contractors
- Floating Production Storage & Offtake vessel owners
- Accommodation Rig owners
- Offshore Wind Farm installation contractors
- Oil & Gas asset Installation Vessel contractors